I've been attempting a clean bread recipe that could become a staple in my diet since I avoid gluten as much as possible, however sadly its mostly ended up with wasted time, egg whites and coconut flour. BUT NOT THIS TIME! This one is a winner! And there are so many variations you could try! This is sweet, moist, filling AND super healthy with no sugar, sweetener or oil!
-2 1/2 bananas
-1/4 cup coconut flour
-1/4 cup peanut butter (or any nut butter)
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
-1/2 tsp baking powder
-2 tsp cinnamon
1. In a food processor, blend the bananas till there are no chunks remaining
2. Add the coconut flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Blend well
3. Add the eggs and peanut butter. Blend well.
4. Pour into a prepared loaf-tin. I used a silicone mold so I didn't need to grease or line. The mixture will be quite thick and you may need to get a spatula to get all the batter in!
5. Bake at 180 for 40/50 minutes.
This made a thin and small loaf as shown in the images (more like finger-food), so double up if you want it thicker. Also if you prefer an extra moist loaf with a very pronounced banana flavour go ahead and use 3 bananas. This one went down a treat at a family dinner topped with chocolate hazelnut butter and on its own :)
Add some nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips, coconut flakes into the batter if you fancy. There are so many twists you can pull on this!